Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Help! I'm Being Held Captive in the Kitchen

My wife would say this is a misnomer, and she'd be right.  The fact of the matter is - I LOVE TO COOK.  And have since I was 13.  The flip side of it is that I get tired of seeing cooking shows that are impractical.  Like many viewers, I love to watch the shows but either don't have the time or the budget to prepare most of what is presented.  In some situations, I don't know where to locate half the ingredients.  I thought it would be good to have a blog that talks about what to do when you have "nothing to cook" and have to "cook by ear."

My kids say the only problem with my cooking is "I can never repeat it."  In a sense, this is good.  I don't make the same mistakes twice.  On the other hand, over the years I have made meals that they've raved over  but were lost in the past.

At the same time, I've been able to rescue some of my Mom's and grandmother's recipes lost in a recipe box.  Some of these date back generations, and are great ways to stretch tight budgets.  I hope you get as much enjoyment from these as our family has for over sixty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment