Friday, August 9, 2013

Southern Pecan Pie


This a delicious recipe, but I have one warning.  This recipe might not work well if you double the recipe.  When I arrived for the first Christmas I spent with my wife's family, my future bride made this pie.  Wanting to be sure there was enough pie for everyone, she made two pies and just doubled the recipe.  One pie baked like normal with the pecans floating to the top, but for some reason, we still don't know why, the pecans in the other pie sank to the bottom.  Both pies tasted great, but the second one looked funny.

4 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 1/4 cup Karo
pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup pecan pieces or halves
Beat eggs well, mix flour with sugar and add to eggs
Add other ingredients in order given and pour into uncooked 9" pie shell. (Do not prick pie crust.)
Cook at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until pie is firm in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment